Monday, July 23, 2012

Like Highschool All Over Again

Evan was off this weekend which was such a treat.  We haven't really been able to have time to "sigh" and "relax" in nearly a month.  This weekend we had a TON of things planned and got basically NONE of it accomplished.

It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Sometimes when you have children, you don't realize how much you talk about them.  And yes they're SO important and you should talk about them a lot, but without realizing it, you don't talk about your lives enough.

On Tuesday, I asked our neighbor (who had been asking multiple times "when can I help watch one of the girls?") if they could watch Liliana so Evan and I could go get some ice cream.  She said yes, but nearly right after that, Evan's aunt texted and said "Can we keep Liliana over night on Saturday?  We miss her too much!"  While we love our Liliana and love spending time with her, I knew that since we would have all Friday evening and Saturday during the day with her, we would have a great time and knew she was in great hands.

We dropped Liliana off (actually, Liliana kicked us out ... about 5 minutes after we dropper her off she said "ok Mommy, bye bye!"  When I asked her if she'd miss us, she quickly told me "no."  HAHA.  Gee, thanks Lili!) around 5:30 and took Gloria to Bravo (an Italian restaurant that's pretty darn yummy.  Their lasagna is awesome).  We both bought drinks (my first alcoholic drink in nearly a year!) and Gloria slept through the entire dinner.

And we talked.  And talked.  And talked.

It's amazing how we never run out of things to talk about.  I see him nearly everyday, we text a few times everyday, and we do a really damn good job of always staying in communication with each other, but I still want to know MORE about my husband.  I want to feel like I'm falling in love all over again, constantly.

And that's exactly what this dinner did.

We talked about my future, about his job, about his plans, etc. I love knowing what Evan does all day.  Since he works such long hours, I want to feel like I'm there as much as possible.  I want to hear about his challenges, his victories, and how happy he is to have chosen what he loves to do.  The world of a Urologist is lost on most people, and though I know more than most since my husband is one, I still know SO very little.  He told me about the different cancers he sees on a daily basis, his favorite thing, his least favorite thing to do, etc. etc.

Knowing what he does all day, how much GOOD he does during the day, and the sometimes funny things he is told as well (I can't repeat them on this blog, but if you can imagine, as a Urologist he sees and hears some pretty great stuff) just made me respect him all the more.

When we got home from dinner, we watched "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen."  HIGHLY recommended.  SUPER cute movie.  We cuddled on the couch, talked more, kissed some, stared at Gloria, and realized that we are so blessed to have what we have.

I often realize how fortunate I am to have two beautiful girls in my lives.  And I often sit back and notice how fortunate I am to have a husband that makes me feel gorgeous, loves me unconditionally, and is my perfect match.  But this weekend really made me realize that a million times over.

I felt like I was in high school all over again.  I sat back and stared at him and thought "he is my match."

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that he made some damn good Spaghatti Carbonara last night either.

PS This great blog is hosting a giveaway from my etsy shop HERE!  Go sign up to win!  I'm giving away two digital images! ; ) 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story. Your blog always makes me smile! I know you wrote it for yourself, but i loved it -- made ME feel happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! I hope two babies later I can still look at my husband like that.

    ReplyDelete