Monday, November 19, 2012

Things I Never Thought I'd Say as a Parent


I've been thinking of making a little "book" about "things I never thought I'd say as a parent.  Having a 2 1/2 year old, and a BIG ball of personality in that 2 1/2 year old, things come out of our mouths that we just NEVER thought we'd say!

I need to write them down.  I need to remember these things b/c soon enough I'll blink and instead of saying funny things I'll be saying "stop texting so much!" or "I'd better not catch you kissing that boy young lady!"

So for now, these are weird things to say ... but they're SO funny.  I think it's a universal language between parents eventually and you don't even realize you're saying them.  But everynow and then Evan and I take a step back and say "did we really just say that?"

Here are some gems I can think of off the top of my head (for the record, yes I realize there is a theme around these)

"We don't eat while going pee pee or poo poo."

"Don't stick your head between your legs while going pee pee or poo poo because you'll get yucky stuff in your hair"

"I don't talk to you until you have underwear on."

"What's the rule?  No going outside without panties on!"

"We don't need to bring all the toys in this room.  Only a couple."

"We can only wear one pair of sunglasses when we leave the house."

"We don't need to carry a purse and lunchbox when we're going to the grocery store."

"Stop eating your boogers, that's yucky."

"Stop trying to pick Mommy's nose.  That's yucky."

"We only use the word penis and vagina when we're at home.  We can't shout that in public."

"Let's not tell everybody if they're a boy or a girl in public anymore ok?  Sometimes you get it wrong when it's difficult to tell and that can be really awkward for Mommy."

 "Stop hitting our booties and saying "nice booty!"  Mommy and Daddy can't do things like that to each other in front of you anymore because you're obviously picking up on things too much."

YEP, these are off the top of my head.  There are probably a million more!  I love being Liliana's Mom.  She gives us CONSTANT laughs.  Her honesty at this age is so scary, yes, but mainly endearing. 




3 comments:

  1. This made me LOL! We are expecting our first and I'm just starting to grasp all of the first we have coming our way. Oh how our lives are about to change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Hilarious. She is something else and obviously very smart (like her parents). These made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a "silent follower" of your blog for awhile now and love reading about your kids as I have an almost 3 year old daughter & a 20 month old son myself. Anyways, after I had my son and nursed him for awhile, my daughter loved to ask people where their nipples were. Even more embarassing when she would start trying to look over their shirt for them. :)

    ReplyDelete