Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just a Typical Saturday in the Lacefield House...

For some reason, it really started hitting me this week that we're parents.  Maybe it's because my Mom wasn't here and it was just us two again.  Maybe it's because Liliana is getter older which means she's sleeping less, she's crying more, and she's interacting with us a great deal more as well.  Before babies, a typical Saturday for Evan and I would have started around 11 in the morning.  We would have woken up around 10:30 and stayed in bed watching something stupid on television (our pre-baby Saturday morning tradition).  Then, one of the two of us would inevitably have to get out of bed to pee and realize we should probably eat breakfast.  We normally ate breakfast in bed and then by noon or one o'clock we started our day.  We studied for a few hours and then went out to dinner and hung out with friends.  Sure, many times, we just stayed home and didn't go out (we aren't in College anymore after all), but we always took at least a few hours in the evening (even if it started at eleven) and watched a movie while cuddling on the floor of our living room.

Contrast our above Saturday (the relaxing, yet study oriented one I admit) to yesterday...

1:45 a.m.:  I had been studying until around 1:45 in the morning, so I decided I might as well let Evan sleep some more and did the feeding.  We fall asleep around 3 o'clock together.  I set my alarm for 9:15 thinking I would get over six hours of sleep. HA.

5:25 a.m.: Evan wakes up to feed Liliana and comes back in to bed around 6:30 a.m.

8:30 a.m.:  Liliana starts crying even though it's only been 3 hours!  Evan tells me to keep sleeping, because he has this week off and has been taking two out of three of the feeds most nights (he took all of them 2 nights this week...amazing Daddy). 

9:40 a.m.: I already have overslept and Evan's obviously exhausted.  I come out to the living room and see this beautiful sight...


10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.: The day happens.  I study constantly and Evan keeps her entertained as best he can while he's trying to write his personal statement for his residency applications.  We get Liliana dressed for the day.


6:00 p.m.: Evan heads out to Market Street to go grocery shopping.  He's making this for dinner.  I love Macaroni and Cheese, I really do.  He decides that it's maybe easier to carry her around in his carrier rather than lug around the heavy infant carrier...


6:00 - 8:00 p.m.:  I keep studying and Evan cooks dinner.  We eat the macaroni with some delicious hotdogs and our bellies are satisfied.

8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.:  Evan decides he should keep staining our fence (a project he's been tackling for the last couple months) and I feel bad that he's been taking care of  Liliana so much without any help, so instead of lugging around the infant carrier, I decide it's my turn to strap her on to my chest while I'm studying outside.  I am amazed at how similar this thing reminds me of being pregnant again!


9:00 - 11:00 p.m.:  We work out together (Evan's been working out with me to show support through my process of trying to lose the baby weight because he knows I love working out with company).  Liliana eats.  Clean up dishes from dinner (yes I know most people are heading to bed at this time).  Decide that since we had such a healthy meal for dinner, we should have these for dessert.

11:00 - 12:00 a.m.: While the brownies are in the oven, Evan says it's time to bathe Liliana.  Bathing Liliana is something we do together as a couple.  I have only not helped once and always put down whatever quiz or book I'm reading at the  moment.  It's our 15 minutes together that I treasure so much.  Well, Liliana decided today it wasn't going to be so sweet, but instead...poooopie!  She takes the worlds longest poop while we're getting her ready for her bath.  After 15 minutes of that, we finally put her in the tub and get this face...


Hmm...someone looks a little angry.  Little did we know, as I took this picture, she was pooping again!  This bath I tell ya...

We proceeded to clean the tub, get her floating poop out of the bottom, and finally bathe her.  She didn't seem too happy after the bath was done while we were drying her off.


12:00 - 1:00 a.m.: We get her in to her pajamas and try to calm her down.  Does she look like she was sleepy?


1:00 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.: Evan feeds Liliana and I keep studying.  She falls asleep and I stop studying around 1:45 a.m.  We decide to spend 30 minutes together and watch a House Hunters International in the UAE.  Exhausted, we hop in to bed...what a Saturday. : ) Wouldn't change it for anything in the world (well except for the constantly studying.  I could do without that).

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog, but that sounds like a lovely Saturday to me :) Good luck with your Bar studying (I've only got a few more months of denial myself, I'm a 3L). And congrats on the new baby, she's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Some advice: don't stress too much during this last year and take it easy...you'll need all the motivation possible for these months! It's just so tiring! haha.
    Also, thanks for saying our baby girl is adorable...yeah, she's alright. ; )

    ReplyDelete