Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tag! You're It!

So I realize my blog isn't a big or an even medium sized blog by any means, but I'm totally psyched because I got tagged by Erin over at The Life of Ann James to do a little survey!  This basically means that I answer 8 little questions about myself and then tag a few of my blog friends to do the same.  Here we go::::

1. Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate?
DEFINITELY 100% milk chocolate.  I don't like anything but milk chocolate: I don't like dark chocolate, white chocolate, or flavored chocolates.  I just like Hershey's or things like that.  I like chocolate bars ok, but those aren't really my weakness.  My weakness is when you put chocolate in things such as cake, brownies, etc.  Then, I occasionally find it hard to stop. ; )

2. What's your favorite color?
Well it used to be purple, and I think technically it still is.  I really do like the color, but sometimes you have to be careful to have a 'favorite' because then everybody buys you things that are purple.  Our wedding colors were purple and green and they were stunning together.  See? 

That's the bride (ME!) and her parents.  Isn't my bouquet pretty? 
P.S. It weighed 2 million pounds.

3. Do you have any creative hobbies?
  Blogging counts right?  I like doing it alot.  It's therapeutic.  Also, I play piano.  I've played since I was 4 and minored in music in college.  Right now my keyboard is in Liliana's nursery and I occasionally play her the Little Mermaid. ; )

4. What was your favorite subject in school? In high school...I don't really know!  I didn't really care for any of my classes, but I guess I'd say Math.  Yeah, I know you're thinking "then why did you go to law school?"  But not EVERY SINGLE person that goes to law school doesn't like math.  I did like math, I just didn't want to do it for the rest of my life.  But math, to me, has a question and a clear solution and I like that.

5. What is your favorite season? Why?  I always used to say Spring but in Lubbock it's fall.  I like how the leaves change and most importantly I love that the holidays are coming.  As soon as October 1st rolls around it means LOTS of fun days are ahead: my birthday (the most important of course), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's!  After Valentine's I hibernate until the next October 1st.

6. Who inspires you to sing like crazy when nobody is around? My car. I don't care who's in my CD player, but if I'm in my car, I am SINGING!  Yes I've gotten a million funny looks, but I don't care.  It makes me happy!

7. What's your favorite dessert? Can you make it?  Wow I can't believe it, but I have the same answer as Erin...banana pudding!  And, I have an AMAZING recipe to share.  In fact, I just made it again this last weekend. 





New Fashioned Banana Pudding
Prep: 30 minutes.  Cook: 20 minutes.

2 cups half and half                                                                                          6 small ripe bananas
1 cup milk                                                                                                       4 egg whites
1 (5.1 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix                                                 1/2 cup sugar
1 (12 oz) package vanilla wafers                                                                     1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened. 
  • Layer 1/4 of wafers in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.  Slice 2 bananas and layer over wafers.  Pour 1/3 of pudding over bananas.  Repeat layers twice, ending with pudding.  Arrange remaining wafers around edge of baking dish.
  • Beat egg whites at high speed until foamy.  Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes).  Fold in vanilla extract.
  • spread meringue over pudding, sealing to edge of dish.  Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until golden and SERVE WARM.  Yield: 8 servings.
8. How did you learn to cook?
I dunno, I just did.  My Mom and Grandma are amazing cooks, so that helps.  Otherwise, I started in college and we have definitely cooked more throughout our marriage to save on money. 

And now for my tags!

Baby Hillger

Med School Dad (gotta tag my husband right?)

Teasingly Diverse

Pulsipher Predilections


Cristina's Comida

10 comments:

  1. Ooooooo I am saving that Banana Pudding recipe right this instant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE banana pudding. There is just something perfect about the cookies getting slightly soggy, yet still crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color was red, but then EVERYBODY bought me stuff that was red and now I can't stand the color. My new favorite color is green but I try not to tell people!

    I love the purple and green flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE purple too! It's my favorite color next to platinum ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'm so jealous that you play the piano! We bought a keyboard so that we can both learn but it's still sitting in the living room - untouched since we got it for Christmas last year. In our defense, I guess we've been a bit busy what with having a baby and all, but still!

    And I love your wedding picture - you're stunning! (as is that bouquet - I'm always amazed at just how heavy they really are!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps - that should read "I'm". Somehow I missed the "I"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite season is fall too. It's so hot here, that once that coolness of fall comes in it's so refreshing!! And yes, I'd say blogging is a hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you on blogfrog and am following now. Love your blog design and photos! And banana pudding is my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! The banana pudding sounds incredible! I am so missing dairy!!

    ReplyDelete