Monday, August 30, 2010

Well, it could have been Better and it could have been Worse

It has been a LONG while since I've done a "losing the baby weight" post.  There are a few reasons for this: (1) I like my scale, (2) I was in San Antonio, (3) eating habits are hard when you're on a one month vacation, and (4) the numbers kinda sucked so I was embarrassed.  So let's go in order:

Our Scale: Yeah, it acts like the batteries are constantly out, but I like it.  Yeah it constantly says "error" and I have to stand on it a few times before it actually gives me a reading, but I like it. I like using ONE scale because then the numbers are more consistent.

San Antonio and a One Month Eating Vacation: This sounds like a grand excuse and it is.  But do you guys know how hard it is to lose weight when you're eating out or at someone else's home AT LEAST 4 days a week?  If you haven't ever been to San Antonio, the food there is simply amazing.  We went to Taco Cabana a few too many times and I never finished my plate, but how proud can I be of my efforts when what I was eating consisted of bean and cheese nachos topped with sour cream?

The Numbers:  I was rather happy at the progress back in July so I, very naively, expected the numbers to keep coming off at that rate.  I only weighed myself twice while in San Antonio and both times, I nearly cried.  Ok, not really...but if I was the type of girl that got emotional really easily, I totally would have.

This next month shall be REALLY interesting.  On September 30th, I will be traveling to New York for my brother in laws wedding...and...there's an outfit.  Yes, a beautiful dress that my Mommy bought me while I was in Puerto Rico a year ago.  This dress is stunning and sexy and...when she bought it for me, my Mom said "You look beautiful, but you can't gain not even one pound."  That's how curvalicious this dress is.  And, I'm obviously not fitting in to it.  My Mom bought me the dress so I could wear it to a wedding we were going to, but SURPRISE I was 10 weeks pregnant when that wedding occurred and didn't fit in the dress.  SO, I wanna wear it now:

This picture doesn't do it justice.  But I promise it's stunning. 

And, look at the price!!  It was 50% off the NOW price.  Yep, it was a $128 dress that we bought for about $38.  I just HAVE to lose this baby weight and get in to this dress!  It's a shame not to take advantage of this deal.

And look at the pretty brown shoes I bought to match.  
Sigh, I want to wear this outfit!

So, 13 weeks postpartum here's my progress: 

Eating Habits:  As I said above, I could have eaten healthier but that wasn't my main problem.  My main problem was that I put too much food on my damn plate!  I just need to put less food in my mouth.  Simple solution.  That being said, I could have done much worse.  I tended to combine breakfast and lunch and then ate a pretty large dinner.  I'm pretty happy with my combining breakfast and lunch, so I just need to eat a little bit less for dinner.  I continue to leave two bites on my plate and say what you want, but I like that tid bit of advice.  Just add up the calories you'd save by doing that.  Say it's 30 calories a day, that's over 200 calories a week and 800 a month!  

Exercise:  I worked out at least 4 times a week while in San Antonio.  In general, the workouts ranged from 30 minutes to 50 minutes.  I am starting to get back in better shape and that feels great.  I did a bunch of my favorite (Jillian) but since I had so many more options in San Antonio, I took advantage of them:  I ran on the treadmill 3 times, I did the rowing machine once, and I went swimming as a workout twice.  These were nice changes of pace and they really worked on getting me SORE.  This upcoming month, I'll do some more Jillian and I'll be taking part in a free gym membership in Lubbock that has classes, a bunch of weight machines, a pool, and of course, free daycare!  Yes please.

And again, the moment of truth:

Prepregnancy weigth: 126 pounds

Weight Day I went into Labor: 163 pounds

Weight Today: 134.0

So I lost 5.2 pounds in 6 weeks.  It could have done MUCH better, but it could have been MUCH worse.  So, I'll take it.  

Goal for the next 2 weeks:  This upcoming month since we're back in Lubbock, things are going to get even better.  I have to fit in this dress by the end of the month!  I am cooking nearly every day and working out 5 days a week.  I'll report about the progress in a couple weeks.  I assure you, well at least I HOPE HOPE HOPE, I'll be fitting in to that dress by the day I leave for that flight!!

Eventual Goal:  8 pounds to return to prepregnancy weight! 

Here's another picture of my Liliana taken at 12 weeks.
My goodness ... and I hate to be that kind of Mom ... but she is SO FLIPPING CUTE!!




5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I really need to get on the exercise wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your dress and shoes! What a great deal you got on the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is stunning! And I think that you are doing fabulous on your weigh loss! Way to go, hon!

    --I totally get the San Antonio food thing. We lived there for 5 years...the food? Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to sound like an infomercial or something, but I heart the South Beach Diet. Seriously. I lost about 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks, and steadily lost about a pound a week after that.

    I like it cause it's not like Atkins where you have to cut something out completely. I love carbs, and I will shank you if you try to take pasta and rice away from me for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress! Good luck getting into it, I'm sure you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete