Monday, March 1, 2010

24 Week Survey

How Far Along: 24 weeks, 6 days

Maternity clothes? Yep, most of the time! I don't think I wore any non-maternity pants this week and only wore a non-maternity top one day...after seeing I nearly stretched the fabric, I realized the regular clothes stage of my pregnancy is REALLY coming to an end.

Stretch marks?
Not yet. I did gain quite a lot of weight the last couple of weeks, so I think they're gonna come sooner...bummer. This little, completely unrealistic part of me, was hoping I could go throughout the entire pregnancy without them.

Sleep:
This week was great! Evan's massage every night and my stretching every evening before bed has made such a BIG BIG change!

Best moment this week: Abuela felt Liliana move! : ) We went home this weekend for Evan's birthday and my Mom was able to feel Liliana move...it was special. ALSO, Abuela took me shopping and bought me some GREAT maternity clothes! THANK YOU ABUELA!!!

For instance, she bought me this dress from Motherhood Maternity! It looks awesome on, is so comfortable, and is PERFECT for work.

The main reason we went shopping was because I have an banquet for the law journal on the 27th of March and needed a nice dress, so we found this one at Motherhood Maternity as well! We brought 3 fancy dresses in to the dressing room and this was BY FAR our least favorite on the hanger, but it fit me so well and was SO comfy! LOVE it! :

Movement: Yep! She had a couple days where she was much quieter than usual, but more than made up for it over the weekend. I suppose she was just a little sleepy some days...

Food cravings:
You know, I still haven't craved anything, but I've realized there's only one thing that I won't ever turn down (that's the closest I've been to craving): gummy candies!! Not gross ones either. I like the good quality ones: haribo cola, haribo gummy bears, sour patch straws. Well, at least I'm showing Liliana good eating habits, haha.

Gender: still a girl!

Labor Signs: I do have Braxton Hicks contracts every day now...or as Evan says "she's preparing you for what's coming in 15 weeks!" EEK.

Belly Button in or out? It's still in, but I'd be surprised if it stays this way for another month.

What I miss: Being able to go to plenty of stores and shop. I LOVE everything my Mom got me, but really there aren't many affordable maternity stores. BTW, A Pea in the Pod is freaking expensive! Sorry, but if you shop there, that's dumb. Why spend so much money on something you'll only use for like 4 months?

What I am looking forward to: I have another doctor's appt this week. I start meeting the other Doctor's now (the office requires me to circulate through all the doctors). Every time I go to the doctor and they tell me things look great, I feel AWESOME for the rest of the week. It's so nice hearing from professionals that our baby is the best. ; ) Ok, maybe that's not what they say, but that's what I hear.

Weekly Wisdom: I don't know if I said this last week...can't remember...but I'll repeat it: have your significant other give you a massage, even if it's 3 minutes, every evening once you reach the second trimester. It makes sleep so much better.

Milestones: We did a road trip, while pregnant, and WELL in to my second trimester and you know what? It wasn't bad! Yes, I did have some Braxton Hicks while driving and that was weird. I wanted snacks more often than usual, but overall, we managed just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment