Monday, March 22, 2010

27 Week Survey

How far along? 27 weeks, 6 days
                                                   
Maternity clothes?
yep!  I really am getting bigger and bigger.  I can still wear many non-maternity dresses if they have empire waists. For instance, the dress I wore for my baby shower wasn't maternity.

Stretch marks?
I definitely did a check this morning in the mirror knowing I was going to write about stretch marks in my blog and I'm happy to report the stretch marks are still non-existent!  I'm sure they'll come along soon enough, but in the mean time it's a little victory.

Sleep:
My back wasn't hurting quite as bad this week, but the insomnia of the third trimester has definitely set in.  I wake up really early and can't get back to bed!  It's really irritating and has no relation to what time we get to bed.

Best moment this week:
  The baby shower for sure!  It was so much fun!  I'll write a whole other blog just about it.


Movement:This week was AWESOME!  She moved so darn much.  I was really proud of her.  EVERYBODY in my family got to feel her movements and she was just really awake.

Food cravings:Evan keeps buying me gummy candies?  What am I supposed to do?  Not eat them??

Gender:
Liliana's nursery is looking so nice.  I'll take some pictures tonight and post some.  Since we got SO many nice things at the shower, it was great to see it all come together.  

Labor Signs:
I can give myself Braxton Hicks contractions with barely moving!  If I switch positions, even really slowly, they happen.  In general though, they don't hurt.

Belly Button in or out?
The belly button keeps coming out...it's no innie anymore.  When I wear t-shirts, it's very obvious.  That's the first thing my parents noticed when they saw me last weekend!


What I miss:
Not eating soggy sandwiches.  I have to heat up all my deli meat to protect from Listeria.  When I'm at the house, I use the toaster oven or panini press and the sandwich is rather delicious.  However, 90% of the time, I'm at the law school or at work when heating up my sandwiches.  They taste pretty gross...I'm looking forward to eating something more crispy and less mushy.

What I am looking forward to:
I have my 28 week visit tomorrow!  It's going to be a long visit because I have to do my Glucose screening, but it at least signals that the baby is coming soon! : )  I start with visits every two week at this stage.

Weekly Wisdom:
Register for organizational items in the registry!  I had registered, kinda on a whim, for some items to organize our closet and they are AWESOME!  When I saw just how many gifts there were at the shower (it was ridiculous...I've never seen so many items in my life), I thought there was NO WAY we would fit it in her room, but somehow we managed, and somehow, it looks perfectly non-cramped.

Milestones:
We've started the third trimester!  I can't believe we'll be parents before we know it!  Yesterday night, Evan assembled her mobile and put it up on the crib.  He turned it on (it projects little animals on the top while playing music) and we even role played as parents...hee hee.  We slowly opened the door, saw the mobile on with music playing, and imagined our beautiful little girl laying down to sleep.  This moment was amazing.  I think it was the first time that I thought to myself, "I really can't wait to meet her."  Up until now, I've just been shocked and then thrilled to be pregnant.  It's as Evan said as we were walking to our bedroom: "Suddenly, we're thinking baby baby baby instead of pregnant pregnant pregnant."

P.S. I realize I'm way behind on other things I need to blog about: nursery progress, law school progress, choosing the day care, and the baby shower.  I'll get to those this week, I promise! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment