Monday, August 6, 2012

Gloria's 1 Month Letter

Gloria:

I wrote a letter to your sister nearly every month for the first year of her life and want to do the same for you.  That way, one day, when you ask me "what was I like as a baby?" I can pull these letters out and have you read EXACTLY what you were like!


The main thing I can tell you so far is that you are SO very easy as a baby.  Your sister was a good baby, but I must admit, you are MUCH easier going.  You NEVER cry unless you're hungry or aren't finished burping.  It's so nice to be able to take you places without being concerned about your being very fussy.  I know that as long as I've fed you recently, I'm good.  Many times people say newborns just sleep all the time, and while you of course are sleeping like a newborn, you also LOVE to be awake and just look around.


You're so content being awake and focusing on different lights, contrasting colors, etc.  You adore lying on your belly.  I know this is REALLY uncommon for babies, but really and truly it's your favorite thing.  You just lie on your belly, turn your head from side to side, rollover (yep, you rolled over a NINE days!), and then after 45 minutes or so, you just fall asleep.  I can't get over it.  I keep looking over and saying "she's still wide awake!" because normally babies would  be crying by then.


As for sleep, have to admit, sissy has you beat there because she never slept less than 4 hours at a time, but you are getting better!  You were going about 3 hours and 15 minutes for a week, went up to 3 hours and 30 minutes, and now most nights you give us one 5 hours stretch and then another 3 hour stretch.  Last night though, you did three 3 hour stretches ... Mommy's sleepy! : )


You're just like sissy and love the water already.  Your Daddy insists that most babies are scared of water because parents make it that way.  So he's already dumping water on your face without fear and you don't even FLINCH!  You take it like a total trooper.

My favorite thing on earth is seeing Liliana and you together.  Liliana is completely OBSESSED with you!  She gives you kisses CONSTANTLY, hugs you CONSTANTLY, and always wants to help no matter what we're doing.  If you are hungry she tells you "no sissy, don't cry sissy!" and tries to give you a pacifier (which you do take for about 15 minutes, it's glorious!).  Whenever Liliana's going to sleep, she always insists on blowing you a kiss (even if you're in your room asleep).  I can tell you two are going to have so much fun together.  I'm so glad Liliana hasn't developed any jealousy issues yet.  She simply sees you as her friend and that's exactly what you two are: BEST friends! : )


You are truly a gorgeous little girl.  I have had SO much fun being with you these weeks.  I didn't get any maternity leave with sissy so this has been a true opportunity to bond with you and I've really taken advantage of it.  I'm going to CRY when it's time to go back to work, but I know you're going to make amazing friends at school just like your sister has done.



LOVE you Gloria.  You are the perfect addition to our family!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment