Sunday, March 28, 2010

28 Week Survey

How far along? 28 weeks, 5 days
                                                   
Maternity clothes?
The only non-maternity stuff I wear these days are Evan's t-shirts to sleep and pajama pants that I think I'll be able to wear until I deliver.  The pants with elastic are feeling snug sometimes, but the ones with only a drawstring can get huge, so they're nice and comfy.

Stretch marks?
Still none!  Woo hoo!  I weighed myself yesterday and my weight gain finally started getting normal.  I haven't gained 20 pounds yet, but I think that will happen pretty soon.

Sleep: 
My sleep varies every evening, but in general, I did pretty well this week.  My back hurts a couple times a week, especially around 4 in the morning.  Also, I never sleep very deeply because the baby moves so much.  BUT, those movements are so welcome.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of feeling our daughter move. 

Best moment this week:
  I worked A LOT this week.  I was at the office all the time and it felt so good to work and feel really productive without constantly thinking about the pregnancy.  I'm really big on still being me through the pregnancy and after the baby comes along, so it was nice feeling proud of my work at the end of the day.


Movement: OH YES!  When we were at the doctor's this week, she said I was measuring small (this doesn't mean my belly is small, this means the uterus wasn't measuring as high).  This happens sometimes when the abdominal muscles of the Mommy were pretty fit before pregnancy, and I was actually in really good shape before I got pregnant, so this didn't surprise me too much.  Anyway, she wanted to do a fetal monitor test to make sure everything was fine and they were quickly convinced that I didn't have ANYTHING to worry about.  When they were putting the little monitor on my belly, we couldn't keep it still because Liliana was moving so much that it kept moving around.  They thought it was hilarious.  She's already so unique.  This is what these nurses and doctors do all day and they still thought she was so surprisingly active! : )

Food cravings: None this week.  Not even my candies! : ) 

Gender:
Guess what?  I had a dream on Friday night that she came out as a he!!  WOAH!! That would be crazy!  "Umm...Mom...can you go home and change the ENTIRE nursery?" haha.

Labor Signs:
Still having some Braxton Hicks, but didn't have too many this week.

Belly Button in or out?
Yeah, it's pretty out.  I even had some random person at the law school tell me "that turkey timer is almost ready!"

What I miss:
You know, I've never complained about missing alcohol.  I rarely drank before pregnancy anyway.  BUT...this week, as I said above, I worked a lot and had a rather rough week.  I'm really trying to impress them at the office while still sending applications to other firms, doing my school work, dealing with pregnancy, being a student (which is already a full time job in and of itself), etc.  ANYWAY, long story short, I was really stressed to say the least.  Anyway, one really busy afternoon at work when I had gotten three new projects and was thinking I would have to stay until 10 just to finish them, I sent Evan a text saying "if we weren't pregnant, you would have taken me out for a delicious margarita tonight."  So, this week, that's what I missed...margaritas that make all my stress and aches go away! : )

What I am looking forward to:
We have our third trimester ultrasound on Tuesday!  Even though the fetal monitor test went really well, the doctor decided to still do the ultrasound to make sure my amniotic fluid is looking ok.  SO, we originally thought we'd see Liliana again at 34 weeks, but we're gonna see her at 29 weeks!  I CAN'T WAIT.  Plus, Evan most likely will be able to come with me to the ultrasound which is really exciting (he couldn't come to the last visit and I missed him so much).

Weekly Wisdom:
Try and schedule some time for just you and your spouse in the second trimester.  I wish Evan and I had done this more.  We tried our best, but now that I'm in my third trimester, finals and projects are around the corner, and we have to keep going with the nursery, I realize there will not be that same amount of time.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Liliana's arrival.  She is going to be the sunshine in our life, that is for sure.  BUT, I am starting to get a little emotional because life as I've known it with our two pups and us two is done.  That's going to be a hell of an adjustment!

Milestones:
The job search is REALLY on.  Hopefully in the next month, I'll finally have some word as to what the plans are.  We'll seeee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment