I think I've mentioned this already, but Liliana's birthday party will be cupcake themed! I couldn't decide what to give as a favor for all of these people that are traveling from so far away. I thought about giving each person a cupcake to take home, but then I realized that they'd be cupcaked out! FINALLY, I realized that people would probably be asking me for all the yummy cupcakes I'm making. Therefore, I got a sweet lady on Etsy to make me a cupcake recipe card for $1 on a PDF and I wrote out all the recipes. Each guest will be getting a copy of recipes for: I(1) Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes, (2) Choclate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes, (3) Strawberry Cupcakes, and (4) Strawberry Frosting.
The little recipe cards I'm giving as favors. They're SUPER cutie!
Another view. I like the way she put Liliana's name on the cards!
Today, I wanted to share with you guys the recipe for ... Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes (quite a few of you requested I post this recipe when I did THIS post so here it is my friends!).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 1/3 c. water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt 1/3 c. canola oil
1/2 c. butter, softened 3 eggs
1/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 c. miniature semisweet chocolate chips
(1) Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside. Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 egg and the vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips mixing just enough to evenly combine. Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place on to a baking sheet, and freeze until solid (about 2 hours).
(2) Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
(3) Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil. Continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepared cake liners, filling each about 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.
(4) Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not cookie dough portion) comes clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
(5) Enjoy these AMAZINGLY AWESOME treats!!