Sunday, February 7, 2010

21 week survey

How far along? 21 weeks, 5 days


Maternity clothes?
I buckled down this week and started wearing some maternity pants. I was so much more comfortable. The pants are still big in some areas (particularly at the top of my legs), but thankfully, the belly part is stretched enough and feels fabulous.

Stretch marks? None still...thank you very much.

Sleep: Sleep is getting harder every single week. My lower back really hurts if I don't use the pregnancy pillow, but when I do my neck occasionally hurts too. I tend to use the huge pregnancy pillow 5 times a week. Unfortunately for Evan, that means the cuddling has really cut down because the pillow is huge. Fortunately for me, my husband is great and completely understands.

Best moment this week: We had another maternity appt. and got to hear that everything still looks great. We also got to hear her heart beat again, which is always a blast.


Movement:
Liliana is an amazing mover! Our OB seemed really impressed that we saw her move so early, and we were like "yeppppp...that's our GIRL!!" : ) Some hours, I've counted 35 movements. My OB told me that eventually I'll notice a rhtyhm to her movements. So far, she ALWAYS moves at 11 pm and then again at 7 am. I'm telling myself that it's because she sleeps in between for 8 hours straight.

Food cravings: I think I've been either incredibly rare, or most women just make up cravings because they can, but throughout the pregnancy I've had the same cravings that I do through my normal months.

Gender: We're having a girl. I've finally really started feeling that she is a girl. It's a perfect girl we have growing in my belly.


Labor Signs:
I've had quite a lot of uterine pain the last two days. I worked out yesterday and got some pretty serious round ligament pain so Evan drew a bath for me and that did help some. I'm taking it easy today though. I'm not sure if some of these are the infamous "braxton hicks contractions," or not, but either way, they're not fun. They're not incredibly painful...they're just worrisome.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but each week it really does come out a little more...it's kinda cute. I like feeling it through my clothes. It's such a big change.

What I miss: I miss working out the real way. I do the Jillian DVD's still, but can't do nearly half of the exercises because they hurt my belly. I feel so darn boring.

What I am looking forward to: Next weekend is Valentine's weekend! It's our last Valentine's EVER without being parents, so we're going to spend all Saturday and Sunday together.


Weekly Wisdom:
Take baths! Taking my bath last night was amazing. I had only taken one other bath throughout the pregnancy, but Evan was saying that he's gonna start drawing baths for me once a week to make sure I actually calm down enough and do it. Is he going to be a great Dad or what? : )

Milestones: No huge milestone this week...we did make it through another OB appt. which is always great. I don't have my next one until March. After that visit, we start going every two weeks, as if I have the time to do that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment