Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 23 Survey

How far along? 23 weeks, 5 days

Maternity clothes? I would say I'm in maternity clothes over half the time. If I'm in non-maternity clothes, they look tight. When I wear non-maternity pants, I can only wear ones (completely unbuttoned and zipped of course) that were big before I was pregnant.

Stretch marks? None still. Although I have to admit, I never use the "anti-Stretch mark" creams. I've read in many places that they have never been proven to work, so why waste my time. If I'm gonna get them, I'm gonna get them.

Sleep: The first few days of the week were REALLY hard. Liliana moves so much that it keeps me up a lot during the night and then my back would start KILLING me. So finally Evan decided he would give me a 2 minute back rub every night before bedtime and I'm stretching twice a day. The last two nights, my back pain has gone from a 9 to a 4...big improvement!

Best moment this week: This morning when I woke up, my uterus had really tilted over to one side. This happens many times a day and I always show Evan, but I told him "wow it's really tilted right now" and I moved the blanket aside. Unintentionally, he let out a horrified "OH GOOOOD!" We had a great laugh afterwards.

Movement: This was one of my favorite parts of this week...she moved so much that I never had my "worrisome Mommy" moments where I thought "oh, she hasn't moved in a while!" The whole week I knew she was doing well and moving lots...how nice.

Food cravings: Nope, but I did finally have a bigger appetite a few days this week. Evan thought it was hilarious when 2 hours after I had eaten I started saying "hmm...I'm really hungry!"

Gender: A GIRL! Evan and I are really in love with this concept. We think having a little girl first fits us perfectly.


Labor Signs:
less Braxton Hicks this week, thankfully. That, or I just know what they are now and don't freak out when they start.

Belly Button in or out? In and not much change since last week.


What I miss:
Moving my body around freely without worrying about "oh, is this going to stretch a muscle and give me round ligament pain?" We had a bowling tournament for ALJ yesterday and I bowled with a 7 pound ball and even then, I still had to move really carefully.

What I am looking forward to: We're going to San Antonio this weekend, so we'll see Abuela (Abuelo will be in New Orleans...booo)!!

Weekly Wisdom: Don't eat just to eat! When you're hungry, your body will let you know. I'm finally starting to gain some weight and I wish I wouldn't have TRIED to gain weight earlier in the pregnancy...it's just more to lose after she comes out!

Milestones:
This was probably the most baby drama free week we've had in a LONG time. She moved constantly, my cramps were subsided, and I felt great overall. Let's keep this up until June 15th Liliana!

No comments:

Post a Comment