(1) Have you ever been hospitalized? (OK, maybe that one isn't so upbeat)
(2) What’s the last bit of good news you received?
(3) Who was your favorite teacher?
(4) Do you sing in the shower?(5) Describe the happiest day of your life.
(1) Other than when I had Liliana and had to stay in the hospital (protocol), I've NEVER been hospitalized! I'm a lucky girl in that sense! I freaking HATE the hospital, which is ironic since anybody and everybody in my family are doctors. I just hate walking in to that building that smells and delivers bad news so often.
(2) I would probably have to say my job offers last week. I took the lower paying one and I can already tell that after only one short week, I made the right decision. My teaching job has been BEYOND what I could expect. The day FLIES by. Seriously, I feel like I look down and two hours have passed each time.
(3) Hmmm...wonder why I asked this question! haha...sorry teaching is obviously on my mind. From K - 12 it would probably be my French teacher. This woman was a great teacher, but even more so, an amazing woman. She adopted two children that had been sexually abused from Guatemala. She found her daughter, age 8 at the time, trying to prostitute herself and it was A LOT of work for them to acclimate the girl to living in the US. She couldn't leave the girl alone with her husband for YEARS because the girl would start screaming. Really, she was an inspiring woman and changed those two kids lives...and so many more.
(4) Ummm...YES! I sing all the time, especially in the shower and in the car. Lately, Sara Bareilles has been the artist of choice, but it varies all the time. When I'm showering in the morning, I have to try not to sing too loud because I don't want to piss Liliana off and wake her up. My morning voice wouldn't be a fun way to wake up, it's so raspy.
(5) This one's tough. I've really thought about it. There were quite a few choices...
The day I got engaged...
The day I got married...
The day I became a Mother...
But, I didn't chose any of those. All of those were AMAZING. But my happiest day was when Evan came back from Ohio. We had been long distance for a semester and had both been miserable without each other. He came to meet me at a Puerto Rican dance my family was at. I
ran sprinted outside and we sat in his car and kissed, hugged, and whispered sweet nothings to each other for over an hour. When we finally made it in to the dance, my parents just smiled at us. Everybody knew we were FINALLY together. Evan and I had known since high school that we would get married, so everyone knew that finally it would be "Cristina and Evan" again. It was just the happiest I've ever felt in my life. My face hurt too much that evening because I smiled constantly. And, we have this picture of us that my cousin took that night and we look SO happy in it. We're both smiling as hard as possible and it's a gorgeous shot, but go figure, I don't have it on my computer. Sorry guys. . . you'll just have to imagine.
OOOOK, those are my answers! Now LINK UP AND more importantly, have a GREAT Monday!