Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tour of the New Home: Liliana's Playroom!

This room in the house was pretty much the biggest reason we bought this home.  I was quite adamant that I wanted a playroom in our next house.  In our last home, Liliana didn't have a place to call her own other than her bedroom.  The only problem with this is that babies don't tend to play in a room all by their self until they're older.  PLUS, I didn't like her being so far away all the time.  I like being able to play with her for a couple seconds and then go back to stir whatever I'm cooking.  This house though, had a great room right off the kitchen.  A room to call her on and I've been doing a BIG DIY project for it.

The theme for Liliana's playroom is Alphabets and Numbers.  I'm not quite done with it yet ... I still have to order some prints and get one printed of Liliana playing, but for now, I'm happy with the progress.

Before


During


This is what the playroom looked like the day we moved in.  We quickly put down an alphabet mat and Liliana's tunnel and tent (that she LOVES crawling through).  Unfortunately, the rocking chair in the corner had to be removed because Liliana wanted to climb on it and don't know if you've heard, but rocking chairs aren't exactly what we'd call stable ...

Today


Here is my alphabet wall that I am SO proud of!  I saw this idea of having unique letters on another blog and decided to make it my own.  I will be doing a post over this project by itself because I think it's so cool and other people might want to take the idea!

 A close up of the alphabet wall.


The toys!  Liliana isn't at a shortage of toys.  These are just the DOWNSTAIRS toys.  She has a whole chest worth upstairs in her room.  We've bought her ONE toy total out of those two bookcases.  Let's just say she hit the jackpot when it comes to family and friends wanting to give her things.


My favorite addition to this playroom?  The changing pad downstairs!  She never lays in this playpen so that's why I store the big toys in there, but I LOVE that I don't have to go upstairs for every diaper change.  If you have a 2 story house, I think a changing pad on each level is a necessity.

Well there ya have it .... Liliana's playroom is still a work in progress for sure, BUT it's a great start already and she LOVES LOVES LOVES being in there.

Next room: Kitchen/ Dining Room

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the alphabet wall! Hurry and post about it - haha! Her playroom looks really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That alphabet wall is so eye-catching...I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A play room is definitely a NICE plus to have when you've got kiddos. I love the alphabet wall!

    I've got two great giveaways on my blog this week...you should check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wall! What a fun idea. I might have to do that.

    Babblin' Brooke @ http://babblin-brooke.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the alphabet wall! It is sooo cute. I would love it if you would stop by and link up this post with the crafty link party I recently started at Lines Across My face.
    :) Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/07/craft-link-party-2-cure-for-common.html

    ReplyDelete