Anyway, if you read my blog then you know I love cooking and baking. After working out, it is my biggest hobby (ironic I know I know!)
Pinterest has been amazing because I had a word document with all these recipes I would see when browsing the web and now I have it available whenever I want it. A few days ago, while at Kroger, I remembered a recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pulls that I had from this great blog. I HAD to make it. The evil Cinnamon Roll gods made me!
And after I made THIS ... well you see why I had to share the recipe with you guys. It's very similar to the link I put above, but I did make a few adjustments to it ...
Cinnamon Roll Pulls:
Ingredients:1 UNSLICED round loaf of sourdough bread
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. honey
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Make the vanilla honey butter: whip butter and 1/4 c. powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and honey and set it aside while you cut the bread.
(3) Cut the bread in slices (about 1/2" thick) but DO NOT cut all the way through. Turn the bread 90 degrees and cut again. This will start getting a little messy, but it's ok, just keep going.
(4) Spread the vanilla honey butter through the slices. Try and get deep in to those crevices. Put as much as you would like. If you think there's enough, don't use all of the butter, but do remember to get plenty.
(5) Mix the cinnamon and sugar and put this through the slices as well. Again, use as much as you think looks appetizing.
(6) Wrap the loaf in foil, put it on a cookie sheet, and put in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. Trust me you want it nice and warm and gooey.
(7) AFTER it is done in the oven, prepare the glaze that goes on top by combining the milk and powdered sugar. Use more milk or more powdered sugar to get the consistency you would like.
(9) Drizzle that icing over the loaf.