Sunday, April 4, 2010

29 Week Survey

How far along? 29 weeks, 5 days
                                                   
Maternity clothes? oh yeah.  I went to Old Navy yesterday trying to find a dress for my Lubbock shower and they don't have any maternity clothes (of course), so I tried on some regular empire waisted dresses...that didn't go so well.  They did not fit!  It is so hard to find maternity clothes in this stinkin city!

Stretch marks? Not a one!  Each week that I don't get them, the happier I get.

Sleep: This is a tough question especially after the night I had last night.  My sleep is difficult some nights and I'm not gonna lie, it's really frustrating.  I either get insomnia, or I just flat out can't get comfortable.  I try switching from position to position and move the pregnancy pillow around in a million different ways...it doesn't work.

Best moment this week: We had our 3rd trimester ultrasound on Tuesday and that rocked.  She looks AMAZING.  She was weighing 3 lbs and 3 oz (it's been 5 days since that, so she'll be even more now).  She's in the 65th percentile on size!  What a big girl!

Movement:  Yep!  We had another great week with movement.  I don't think I ever go buy an hour without feeling some sort of movement from my pretty lady.

Food cravings: None this week!  I have noticed that I don't get full like other people do though.  I don't get hungrier than before I was pregnant, but once I start eating, I don't get full.  I can keep going and going...just like the Energizer bunny (or like Evan).

Gender: I am so darn happy this is a girl because little girls have AMAZING clothes to choose from!  Evan said that she's gonna dress like a queen.  When we were at Old Navy yesterday he wanted to buy her a trillion outfits.  We bought a hoodie that was $7.99 for 6-12 months.  Believe it or not, it was the FIRST item I've bought since I got pregnant.  I'm pretty darn proud of myself for that.

Labor Signs: I still get Braxton Hicks contractions, and sometimes they're pretty damn painful.

Belly Button in or out? Yeah, 75% of my belly button is out.  You can see it in any outfit I wear.  I kinda get embarrassed by it! hee hee

What I miss: I miss feeling more confident about myself.  This weekend was tough.  We went to the pool and I had on my maternity swimsuit and saw a bunch of girls in cute swimsuits and it was hard...I got pretty depressed.  I realized all in one hour that my life is going to change in so many ways really soon.  It just hit me, BAM, all of the sudden.  In the span of a two month period,  I'll be a mother, I'll never have the life of wearing string bikinis again, I'll stop being a student, I'll hopefully be working a very respectable job, and my relationship with my husband will no longer be just the two of us...it's just a lot to go through.  It's not that I'm not thrilled and excited.  I really truly am.  I think I'm just being realistic.  And sometimes, life is scary.

What I am looking forward to:  We have our 30 week maternity appointment tomorrow and I get to meet another one of the doctors, so hopefully I'll like her!  Also, this week we have our first birthing class!  We have a lot of exciting events to look forward to this week.  However, I have to admit that I have one big thing on my mind.  There's a chance I'll hear about a job opportunity this week...that's ALL I've been thinking about this weekend, so we'll see.  I might not hear anything, and in that case, the waiting game will continue.

Weekly Wisdom:  Don't worry excessively about your weight.  At first, I didn't think I was gaining enough weight.  Then, I thought I was gaining too much.  And now, I think I'm RIGHT on track.  Your body will do what it has to do.  Stressing about it is surely not going to help.

Milestones: We're less than 2 months away from having a "full-term" (37 weeks) baby!  I can't believe it!  Since I'm obviously a worrier, it's nice to think to myself that I have less than 2 months to go and if she's born any time after that 37 week barrier, it's perfectly normal and even expected.  I can't believe she's already such a big girl...it's happened so quickly.  I have a feeling I'll think that once she's born too.

No comments:

Post a Comment