Monday, May 17, 2010

36 Week Survey

How far along? 36 weeks tomorrow!

Maternity clothes? Some of them are uncomfortable even.  I really prefer dresses.  I think after week 34 or so, dresses should be worn 100% of the time.  I  bought a new dress from Target and wore it to my graduation brunch yesterday.  This sounds really cocky, but I think I looked better in it than the model does!  Well, hot damn!

Stretch marks? Still none!  I've heard that lots of women get them below the belly, so I lifted this huge lump up just to take a look and still saw nada...alright! 

Sleep:  I had some really bad insomnia this weekend.  I don't know if it was stress of graduating, excitement of everybody coming to visit, or what, but it was tough.  I had pretty bad back pain last night, but Evan gave me a nice long massage which helped some.

Best moment this week: Graduation weekend! The weekend flew by!  I feel like I had been looking forward to this weekend for three years and it went by more quickly than I had ever imagined.  It went really nicely though.  I'll write a post tomorrow all about it.

Movement:  Liliana still moves all the time.  I know I say that every week, but I am just so surprised by how active she is.  I am obviously way more exhausted than she ever is.

Food cravings: I had some gummies, but didn't crave them all that much this week actually.  I've had an upset stomach this week so I think that contributed to it.

Gender: After this weekend, I got even more excited that Liliana is a she because we played with Sofia lots and I can't wait for them to be the best of friends together.

Labor Signs: Yeah I think so.  This is really scary...I hope everything is ok.  Yesterday, I had three pretty rough contractions during the day (and two at the brunch).  They weren't horrible, but I was definitely uncomfortable.  Then, last night around 6:30 a.m., I woke up with a really painful feeling low on my pelvis.  I thought that I had to pee but sitting up was the worst idea ever because it just made the pain a million times worse.  I started crying because it hurt so bad.  Couple this with my stomach problems and I'm starting to think Liliana might not make it to the full 40 weeks.  I have an appointment on Wednesday (I guess this is why they make you go every week at this stage) and will explain all of this to my OB.  Hopefully he tells me "oh yeah, hmm...she'll stay in there for 4 more weeks." (wishful thinking I'm afraid)

Belly Button in or out? I think it's about as out as it's gonna get,  but considering that I started having an outie around week 25, we gave it it's sweet time to come on out.

What I miss: Feeling better!  I'm aware I sound whiny, but these last two days have been hard!!  I just want to not worry about movements, contractions, stomach issues, boob pain, etc.  It'll be relaxing.

What I am looking forward to: My visit with Dr. Casanova on Wednesday afternoon!  I can't wait to hear what he has to say, although I'm a little afraid he might tell me to take it beyond easy (I don't wanna type the words bed rest) for the next couple of weeks to make sure I don't go in to labor)

Weekly Wisdom
: Evan's been on me about packing this hospital bag for the last couple of weeks and I've been putting it off big time.  I have the toiletries and food down (how un useful).  I still need to pack the important stuff and realized that I should have when he was on my case about it.  These contractions have taught me that anything can happen, so you should be ready.

Milestones
: I have my J.D.  That's the biggest milestone I've ever reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment