Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 35 Survey

How far along? 35 weeks today!

Maternity clothes? I keep wearing the same few outfits over and over again.  Evan gets frustrated with me because I won't buy more clothes, but I keep telling him that for all I know I'll go in to labor in three weeks and what a waste of money for only three weeks of use!  I know I know, I'll be pregnant again some time, but not for a while (a long long while), so I'm not planning ahead of time that much.

Stretch marks? I am still stretch mark less.  I am so lucky! : )  I'm starting to get jealous of women that go in to labor at 37 weeks because in 2 weeks I can't possibly accumulate that many marks, but give me another 5 weeks and it could get sloppy.

Sleep:  I haven't had the most discomfort in my back (or maybe I'm just getting used to it), but I do have weird insomnia moments every evening.  I wake up really hot and have to go to the restroom and feel really uncomfortable when I get back in to bed.  Usually, I get back to sleep and have very vivid dreams after that.  Last night, I had my first labor dreams!  I had a natural and C-section dream.  The C-section dream made me wake up feeling very nervous.  I actually haven't thought about labor that much through this process and these dreams made me realize that perhaps I should start mentally preparing myself for what could be the most exhausting day I've ever experienced. 

Best moment this week: Definitely our photo shoot with Amber!  Our great friend Amber (a third year medical student with Evan) took some shots for us.  She is such a talented girl.  She does photography on the side and had so many wonderful ideas.  We've been trying to take these pictures for a couple of weeks now, but it's inevitably always too cold, windy, cloudy, or rainy.  So, we just decided to at least take some inside the house.  Below are two of them that she edited.  I am obsessed with them, especially the cute one where Evan is pointing at my belly.

Maternity Photo Sample Shot #1
I scoured the internet last week for maternity photo shoots and didn't like any of them!  I don't see why women have to be naked in their shots.  Sorry if I'm traditional, but ... hello ... you're still nearly naked.  That's weird.  As I've said multiple times, I'm not a bare belly fan.  So, maybe this blog can provide some inspiration for women that don't like bare belly shots either.  For that reason, when we get more pictures from Amber, I'll post them on here!

Maternity Photo Sample Shot #2

Movement:  Last week, my husband had the most hilarious blog post and did his own "weekly survey" from a husband's perspective.  So, I'll quote him: "Liliana is moving like a squirrel" (whatever the heck that means!)  Really though, I haven't worried about her movements in weeks.  She moves so often...at least every 15 minutes.  I'm getting really used to it, I wonder if it'll feel weird after she's here and my stomach isn't moving around any more...???

Food cravings:I went 5 days w/o gummies!  I'm so proud of myself (I say this as I eat gummies, so I'm not that proud, haha).

Gender: Oh Liliana dearest, your Daddy today said that he hopes you're in the WNBA.  Poor thing!

Labor Signs:Last weekend, I had a really tough afternoon where Evan was a tad bit scared I was going in to pre-term labor.  I was having some pretty painful back contractions.  But since then, I've been ok thankfully!  I need to make it until Saturday!! (I'd prefer making it at least a couple weeks longer, but Saturday is the main step I really need to reach...I want to walk across that stage damn it).

Belly Button in or out? It's even more out.  I think I "dropped" yesterday.  Even Evan said "your belly looks different today," while I was thinking the same thing.  But, you know what?  I'm not embarrassed about my outie...there's nothing I can do about it.

What I miss: I reallyI miss hugging my husband.  I mean, I hug him everyday, but I mean really really hugging him.  I can't cuddle him anymore.  I mean, I'm a billion inches away from him when we hug! haha.  Soon and soon enough he can squeeze me just as tight as he did the day we got the positive.
What I am looking forward to: Wow, I have SO much to look forward to this upcoming week.  I am taking my last law school final ever on Thursday afternoon and I GRADUATE FROM LAW SCHOOL on Saturday!  I really really am excited to see everyone and celebrate.  We have a great weekend planned.  My parents and some family get in on Friday and then on Saturday, I graduate and we'll have a party at a local winery (I chose the locale before I knew I would be pregnant...oops!).  On Sunday, we're having a brunch here at our house before all our guests go back (it'll be about 30 people total traveling...I have such a supportive group of family).  

Weekly Wisdom
: Something I've started doing just the last two visits: throughout the break between doctor's visits, write down your questions!!  At each visit, they always ask "what questions do you have for me?" and I know that I always had some, but I always forgot.  So just recently, I started writing questions down as soon as I thought of them.  That has been fantastic.  I think they find it entertaining because I go through them like a list, but at least I'm an efficient patient! 

Milestones
: I have two finals down and two to go...that's been a big milestone, but next week's milestone will be WAY BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment