Friday, April 29, 2011

My SITS Day!

I can't believe it ... it's my SITS day, and while they featured me on their page, I acknowledged it by sleeping in. Oops!  Sorry!

I've never known what I would write about on my SITS day.  I think probably the best course of action is simply to tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Cristina.  I'm a girl that has lived in Texas my entire life, but raised by a very loud and hilarious Puerto Rican family.  I went to Texas A&M for college and had a grand 'ol time there, but decided I wasn't quite done with my education, so I went to law school and graduated from there approximately a year ago!

When I was 16, believe it or not, I met the love of my life...my sweet, brilliant, and supa sexy husband Evan.  Evan will be graduating from medical school in about 3 weeks.  He will be starting his Urology residency in Little Rock, so in approximately a month, we'll be moving there!  We are so excited!

 Evan, the doctor that ANY patient will be lucky to have

My blog mainly started because ... well ... about 2 months in to my 3rd year of law school, my boobs hurt.  Really bad.  My almost doctor husband said "you're pregnant."  Umm, is he crazy or what?  That wouldn't be what some people would call ideal timing.  But sure enough, 4 tests confirmed!

 18 weeks pregnant

After some shock on my part (my husband was thrilled ... he wants a basketball team of children), I was absolutely happy.  Liliana Rose was born 5 days after I graduated from law school!  She came approximately a month early but was nearly 7 pounds!  She was just ready to join the world!

 Liliana Rose, my beauty

Since Liliana's birth, I've decided to alter my career path let's say ... just a tad.  Next year in Little Rock, I will be teaching Economics, heading an Academic Support team, AND be legal counsel for a private school.  This job is truly perfect for me ... a little bit of everything.

And that pretty much leaves us to the present!  These last couple weeks have been rather tough for us as Liliana was diagnosed with Ureteral reflux.  This basically means she'll be on antibiotics until we can get this reflux to stop!  While it hasn't been easy for us to deal with this, we know it's just a temporary something that we'll have to deal with.

 I hope you follow along to see how our lives unfold!  I try to write about marriage, motherhood, being a working Mom, and just about everything under the sun ... I even review books and share recipes!  Thanks so much for reading!

Our happy family!

38 comments:

  1. Congrats on your day......AND getting to sleep in! I know you've had a lot of stress and anxiety lately, and I'm sure some extra sleep was one of many things you really needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had reflux, too. I hate giving her the antibiotics every day, and she hated it because they tasted disgusting. But at her 5 yr tests, she had outgrown it enough to stop taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your SITS day!! your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy SITS day. Your blog looks so cute. I love the banner and graphics at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy SITS day!!! What a unique experience being pregnant in law school... I can't even imagine!!!

    Your family is beautiful and so are you, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy SITS day! Great finding other MaMMas who are more than willing to admit they are not perfect and make mistakes everyday. Looking forward to journeying with you. I'm new to blogging and really need to spice up my design. I like your bright & cheery feel. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy SITS day!! I look forward to reading your blog! I'm new to blogging so I'm looking forward to following other blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your feature! I was pregnant through the end of graduate school, too. I actually defended my thesis when my son was just a few weeks old. Stress-FULL! :) Great blog! Oh, and Gig 'em, Ags! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy SITS day! Enjoyed reading your story and journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing to know what you want to do with your life and accomplish it! Happy SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your SITS Day! I admire your determination and your drive! Love the blog! I will come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your SITS day (and your new jobs)! Quite a time of exciting transition you and your family are going through; I hope Liliana gets well soon! Looking forward to following you on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy SITS day! Just popping over to show some love. I love your blog because I was in teh same situation this year. I had my son two months ago while I was in the middle of my second semester of my doctoral program. I can't wait to come back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay!!! happy sitsday! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy SITS day! I, too, grew up in a LOUD Puerto Rican family yet, to date, only my siblings and I have graduated from four year colleges. Congrats to you for taking it a step further and completing grad school! WEPA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cristy! Beautiful photos and a beautiful family! Your blog is inspiring. Happy SITS day! :)

    ~Melissa
    Reflections on Writing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your special SITS day. I hope it was everything you've been wishing for.

    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy SITS day! Your family is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy, happy SITS Day, Cristy! Legal eagles represent!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a refreshing perspective! Congrats on all your accomplishments!

    ~stopping by with SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy sits day.. I am your newest follower.. I love love love your bouquet... at your wedding.. never seen such a great burst of color.. and your mom's on her dress.. looks stunning... glad to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy SITS day girl!! I'm so excited to see you featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy SITS day Cristy! I loved reading about you and your family and cant wait to go through your blog! I can't believe you met your husband at 16....lucky girl! ;) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy SITS day. Just popping in to check out your corner. Lovely blog and beautiful family. Congrats! Always good to read of how others coped with pregnancy and school.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy SITS day ~

    She's adorable & cute ~

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your blog! Stopping by from SITS! What a cute fun story you have. Can't wait to read along!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful family! Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy SITS day! I love your blog. It's so refreshing and cozy..

    www.theblogforbrides.com
    www.journeyofawoman.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty blog! You and your family seem very happy. Congrats on your happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Im a new follower. What an adorable family you have. I hope you can stop by so we can learn more about each other. Im a young Mom as well. What a busy fun life you lead. I cant wait to learn more about you all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your family is beautiful, that baby has the most gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy SITS Day! Your new job sounds like a good fit! Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a little late here, but congrats! :) That's such a bummer about poor baby girl, but hopefully the antibiotics do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy SITS day!

    Hope all goes well with your move.

    ReplyDelete