Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Personal Post About SO Many Things

It's been a week since I wrote last and what a week it has been!  I have three announcements, and one is obviously the most important, so I'll start there:

(1) my best friend, Kristen had her baby on Thursday!  She was nearly 41 weeks when he made his debut, but he came out at a PERFECT 7 lbs 7 oz.  Baby Clayton is a GORGEOUS newborn!  I can't wait to meet him next week.


 It makes me sentimental to see this picture ... just a few short 10 months ago, I was taking a very similar picture with Liliana (except I didn't look nearly as poised as Kristen!)!


(2)  Remember how I mentioned I had a job interview in Little Rock a few weeks ago?  Well, I stayed rather mum on it, but now I can give you more (not complete disclosure) but more information.  I interviewed for what honestly, would be my DREAM job.  This school is ridiculously nice and pristine, the kids were brilliant, and the goal of the school awe-inspiring.  I went for a THREE hour interview.  I interviewed with the head of school, head of upper school, head of middle school, and head of an academic achievement center. I left hoping, praying, whatever else you can do, that I would get this job.  The head of school mentioned quite a few things he'd want me to do, and I had some that I wanted more than others, but more than anything, I just wanted to be THERE.  The next day, they called and wanted me to audition and teach a 40 minute class on Free Enterprise (Economics).  I immediately went to work and made a funny and cute power point, made a handout, and study guide for the students.  The last few weeks I've been SO anxious to hear back.  We've been going back and forth talking and finally I heard on Friday and it looks good!  I'll be teaching Economics, Music theory (I minored in music), AND do any legal work that would come up.  It truly is perfect. I get to use my passion for teaching, my love of music, AND my law degree to work!  How PERFECT!

(3) LAST, after MUCH consideration, I have decided to give the Monday Minute a break.  Honestly, I have a TON of stuff going on and it's so difficult to find time to do it.  PLUS, I feel like I don't get to blog about things I WANT to blog about anymore since I know I have the responsibility of the Monday Minute.  I've been straying from things I WANT to write about for some reason and have felt rather unmotivated by my blog for the last few months. I used to LOVE writing on my blog and the last few months, it has felt like a burden more than anything.  I want to go back to my days of carefree writing and I think eliminating the Monday Minute for a while (or maybe indefinitely) is a good first step at accomplishing this. If someone WANTS to take over the MM, just comment or email me.  I'd completely understand.  I hope you guys understand.  I'm going to start being ME more.  I want to write about what has been going on in our lives more: how distraught and concerned I am about the fact that our home is still on the market, how excited and yet financially worried I am about preparing and moving in to our next home, how I often feel like a bad  Mother, etc.  I need to write about those things, and starting soon, I'll hopefully get back to that.  Stay tuned.

11 comments:

  1. The school and the job opportunities you mentioned sound amazing. Hopefully it all works out for you. Keep us posted!

    Also, I totally understand letting go of the Monday minute. I enjoy reading what you write, so I'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am relatively new to Monday Minute, I know someone had it before you but I was never on that blog so if someone who has done it longer wants it I understand. But if not, I would love to do it till you want it back, or permanently if thats what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand about the Monday Minute - that's a responsibility/another thing on your to-do list every week and with everything else going on, it's understandable why you'd need to take that off the list for awhile.
    Excited for you about the job too - it sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope someone else picks up the Monday Minute. I was really enjoying it. :( Totally understand though....life gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job!! Sounds fabulous :) I love the mix of duties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope someone picks up the Monday Minute but, that being said, you are quite overwhelemd at the moment-a precious 10 month, a move, trying to sell a home, new job and being there for your husband. It will all work out in the end...remember that. It is always tough to sell a home and people can be so downright picky...I find it very weird that people may not buy a home because they don;t like the colour of the walls. All they have to do is buy paint! I do digress...again. You will sell your home and it will all come together. You are truly belssed with a wonderful husband and a beautiful baby girl. If someone picks up the Monday Minute I hope you can let me know who..and I will follow your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I'll miss Monday Minute, I definitely understand! Life can get super overwhelming at times! Let us know if someone else picks it up and I can't wait to continue following your non-Monday-Minute posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted some Monday Minute questions of my own if anyone would like to use mine. :)
    http://katiespotter.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-own-monday-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get the job. The opportunity sounds amazing. I went to Pulaski Academy (PA) for high school and I loved it! It's an awesome place - sort of sounds like what you had written about. You sound like a sweet person and a good teacher, so if it's PA, I hope they take you! :) (I still keep in touch with my friends from there and 2 former teachers). :))) your posts make me miss Little Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the job!! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the job!!! When you guys get settled, please let me know!!! We want to take you out for dinner and get to know you since we are so close!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete