Friday, July 8, 2011

Best Side Dish Recipe: Garlic Mashed Potatoes!

When I saw that this weeks "Show us your life" was Best Side Dishes I have to admit I was stumped.  I mentioned to Evan that I didn't know what I was going to do and he said, "why don't you do my garlic mashed potatoes?" 

Therefore, today ladies and gentleman, you're getting my man's favorite side dish recipe!!

 Someone this handsome can't guide you wrong right?

and let me tell you ... I'm not just saying this because my husband's a hot man, but these mashed potatoes are AWESOME.  We make them often and enjoy every time.



Ingredients:


6 Idaho potatoes, peeled and boiled (we've done Russet as well)
2 tablespoons garlic (we've used anywhere from 3 - 6 cloves before just depending on how garlicy you like it)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan (you can either use the Kraft shredded OR go all out and buy a block ... I must admit, the extra expense makes a huge difference)
1/4 c. Heavy Cream
1/4 lb. butter

Directions:

Thoroughly mash potatoes and then mix together with other ingredients. 

YEP, that's it people!  It's easy!  You tend to have MOST if not ALL of the ingredients already in your refrigerator already ... but I PROMISE you these are WAY better than just your average potato and butter mashers.  These slight changes will make all the difference in the world.  Enjoy!!  

And if you like them, don't thank me, thank Evan! ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment