Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip- Peanut Butter Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze

I am sharing for you one of the best recipes I have EVER made for the Weekend Wrap-Up.

Last week, I was looking over recipes while Evan was falling asleep next to me (what we do every night now since he wakes up at 4:03 every single morning).  He was about to fall asleep when he saw this recipe and told me "you would officially be the sexiest woman EVER if you made me that recipe!" haha.  SO, of course I had to bake it the next day!


Ingredients:

Cake: 
- 3 c. all-purpose flour                                            - 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder                                     - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt                                                  - 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter (don't use natural)          - 1/2 c. butter, room temperature
- 3 c. granulated white sugar

Glaze: 
- 1 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar                             - 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. milk                                                         - 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter







Directions:


(1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 10 c. tube/ bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
(2) Prepare cake: in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.  In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together peanut butter and butter.  Add sugar and beat an additional 5 minutes.  Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.  Add dry ingredients a little at a time, beating until just incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Scrape batter into pan.  Tap it a couple of times on the counter to shake out air pockets.
(3) Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, checking on the cake at 1 hour (mine took a total of 1 hour and 5 minutes) to make sure it's not too brown.  If browning too quickly, just place a piece of foil loosely over the top of the pan.  When a toothpick is inserted into the center of the cake and comes out clean, the cake is done.  Let cool for 20 minutes, then flip it onto a rack or platter and let it cool completely.
(4) Glaze: in a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth.  Drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  Glaze will set eventually.

ENJOY!  Guys, I promise you this recipe is OUTSTANDING.  After Evan tried it, he told me it was OFFICIAL, I was the sexiest girl on earth!

What can I say?

I know the way to his heart ...

peanut butter.


5 comments:

  1. That looks YUMALICIOUS!

    I found your blog via blogfrog and am now following you from there. Your blog is fab! I hope you will visit mine and follow if you like what you see:
    All Things Purple
    http://iheartpurplestuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    if you like recipes and it looks like you do :)
    here is my mama's bread recipe:
    http://iheartpurplestuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/best-white-bread-recipe-yet-written.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sexy cake made by one sexy woman! I am so going to have to cheat on my diet and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! My husband loves peanut butter so he would love this! I am going to make it for him this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete