Last week, I was looking over recipes while Evan was falling asleep next to me (what we do every night now since he wakes up at 4:03 every single morning). He was about to fall asleep when he saw this recipe and told me "you would officially be the sexiest woman EVER if you made me that recipe!" haha. SO, of course I had to bake it the next day!
- 3 c. all-purpose flour - 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter (don't use natural) - 1/2 c. butter, room temperature
- 3 c. granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar - 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. milk - 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
(1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 10 c. tube/ bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
(2) Prepare cake: in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together peanut butter and butter. Add sugar and beat an additional 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients a little at a time, beating until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into pan. Tap it a couple of times on the counter to shake out air pockets.
(3) Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, checking on the cake at 1 hour (mine took a total of 1 hour and 5 minutes) to make sure it's not too brown. If browning too quickly, just place a piece of foil loosely over the top of the pan. When a toothpick is inserted into the center of the cake and comes out clean, the cake is done. Let cool for 20 minutes, then flip it onto a rack or platter and let it cool completely.
(4) Glaze: in a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled cake, letting it drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Glaze will set eventually.
ENJOY! Guys, I promise you this recipe is OUTSTANDING. After Evan tried it, he told me it was OFFICIAL, I was the sexiest girl on earth!
What can I say?
I know the way to his heart ...