Friday, February 24, 2012

18 Weeks Pregnant - T-shirt Project

Yesterday marked being 18 weeks pregnant with Gloria.  It was, all in all, a wonderful pregnancy week.  I felt great, we got wonderful news, and it's just that stage in pregnancy where each kick is fun (and not too entirely painful yet).  The belly is growing, but not at a SUPER alarming rate anymore thankfully!


18 Week Pregnancy Survey


How Far Along: 18 weeks 1 day

Total Weight Gain: I'm not totally sure ... I think about 6 pounds.  This is 3 pounds more than I had gained with Liliana at this point, but I'm not worried.  I am SO much healthier this pregnancy and haven't been nearly as sick so that makes sense.  Even though I've gained more so far, I'm actually still fitting in to some pants without even unbuttoning them!  I am staying toned since I'm working out and eating healthier.  Happy about that.

Maternity Clothes:  Read above - pants and skirts are more comfortable if they're maternity but I can get away without.  Shirts are usually maternity.  I must be carrying higher this go around or something.  I, quite honestly, wish I could go buy some more maternity clothes because I don't have much that's compatible enough for work and accommodating to the weather.  But considering February is almost done I'm holding off and will soon be able to wear something other than my 4 sweaters and pairs of black slacks.

Stretch Marks:  Nope!  I hope I don't get any this go around.  I thought that since I got lucky the first time that meant I would get lucky this time too, but I've read some blogs that say differently!  EEK!

Sleep:  Not great.  I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or if it's because we've just been so darn busy, but I wake up very often throughout the night.  For instance, last night I fell asleep around midnight and my alarm went off at 6:20.  I woke up 6 times last night.  This means I'm never really going in to my REM cycle.  No wonder I feel sleepy.  Hopefully the weekend will help me recover.

Best Moment This Week:  FOR SURE our ultrasound!  Everything, anatomy wise is perfect!  AND, my placenta looked great too.  We are hopefully smooth sailing until 37 weeks when I'll deliver Gloria! ; )

Movement:  Yep!  She doesn't move as much as her sister did though.  These movements HURT when they do come along, to the point that I stop dead in my tracks.  They're great to feel though. 

Food Cravings: Still fruit.  I like cold things, so cold cantaloupe is awesome.

Gender:  Still a girl!  I was glad to know it's for sure a girl because now we can start decorating that nursery.

Labor Signs:  I get a couple braxton hicks in the morning right when I wake up.  I've had some REALLY bad round ligament pains on the treadmill but I told my OB about them and he said just to stay hydrated.

Symptoms: I can't mention all of them here on this blog, but truly, I don't have many symptoms any more other than those round ligament pains and feeling sleepy.

Looking forward to: Painting the nursery!  I can't wait to see it come together.  I'm also looking forward to a GREAT friend visiting this weekend and for Evan's birthday on Tuesday.  Eventful and fun week ahead of us. 

Here's a comparison shot for you ... I'd say my belly with Liliana was smaller, but the main difference I notice is the difference in actual belly shape!









2 comments:

  1. It does look like you're carrying Gloria higher! I am so glad that this week was so wonderful! =) Only 19 to go if you are going 37 as you predict! Yahoo! BTW, you look beautiful as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty! and happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete